Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Renew your wedding vows in romantic New Orleans




 Renew your wedding vows in romantic New Orleans. Several historic spots are available to  again promise endless love to one another in the French Quarter. Easier then your original marriage, a vow renewal does not require paperwork or a license but a certificate can be done to show you again renewed your marriage vows. Just e-mail Chaplain JK Schwehm for details on how, where, and when you too can re-affirm your commitment to be man and wife. Information is found on the New Orleans Weddings web page at http://www.figstreet.com/weddings.


A wedding vow renewal ceremony  can be a  reaffirming family moment for you and your children who may not have witness the original ceremony. As husband and wife it is a time to renew and reflect on your journey as a married couple over the years.  You can make your vow renewal ceremony as creative and personal as you desire from the samples found on this link: http://www.figstreet.com/guesthouse/simpleweddingceremony.html or craft your own from your original or a favorite poem.  

 New Orleans Weddings are fun, easy, and romantic. Renewal of vows is a way to celebrate your life long commitment to one another in a historical setting.





 Suggested poems and songs at vow renewal:



  • 1. When I said I do, By Clint Black
I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do

Truer than true, you know that I'll always be there for you
That's what I had in mind, that's what I had in mind,
When I said I do
These lyrics are what marriage should be all about! And this is still a song choosen by many couples to be played at their wedding. Ths is just a piece of the lyrics you can find the entire song here...http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/black-clint/when-i-said-i-do-clint-black-&-lisa-hartman-black-4566.html

  • 2 Your My First My Last My Everything, By Barry White
And with you I've found so many things
A love so new only you could bring
Can't you see it's you
You make me feel this way
You're like a fresh morning dew on a brand new day
I see so many ways that I
Can love you till the day I die
You're my reality, yet I'm lost in a-a-a a dream
You're the first, the last, my everything
 

  • 3 Maybe I'm Amazed, By Paul McCartney
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you're with me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I leave you
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you help me sing my song
Right me when I'm wrong
Maybe I’m amazed at the way I really need you

 SAMPLE VOW RENEWAL CEREMONY

Renewal:  OPENING STATEMENT: (couple faces minister)


Dear Family and Friends,


We are gathered here with expectation and love for these two special people, to renew marriage vows made ____ years ago. Marriage; which is an estate rooted in the far dawn of human history, yet forever new with each couple who so pledge themselves freely to one another.


This celebration is the outward sign of an inward union of hearts.  It is a union created by a loving purpose, kept by abiding will, and broken only by the death of love in two people’s hearts.  In this event, we are gathered here to acknowledge the true marriage which already dwells and grows within them.


CHARGE TO COUPLE: (couple faces one another)


You have come together this day to accept one another in faith and in love, and to accept the changes that time will bring to each of you and your lives together.  The person that you have chosen to share your life must be respected, loved, and believed in as an individual, while maintaining the inner communion of two loving spirits.  Preserve and strengthen the openness that enables you to share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences; be sensitive to each others needs so that you may attain mutual intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual fulfillment within yourselves and your marriage.


BETROTHAL:


_____Groom____, will you have this woman to be your wedded wife, to continue to live together in the shared estate of matrimony?  Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, according to this bond of trust you made _____years ago?


answers: I will


___Bride___, will you have this man to be your wedded husband, to continue to live together in the shared estate of matrimony?  Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, according to this bond of trust you made _____years ago?


answers: I will



READING BEFORE THE VOWS:


What greater joy is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together to strengthen each other in all labor, to minister to each other in all sorrow, to share with each other all joys, to be one with each other in the silent, unspeakable memories? And  then reaffirm this bond confirming their life together.





EXCHANGE OF RINGS:


What symbol do you offer to renw this marriage?
(The groom obtains the ring from the best man and gives it to the minister)


What symbol do you offer to renew of this marriage?
(The bride obtains the ring from the maid of honor, and gives it to the minister)


The circle of this ring speaks love freely given; it has no beginning and it has no end.
The circle of this ring declares the unity and oneness of your two lives, which shall contain your devotion beyond every journey, that you may always return to your togetherness.


(The groom places the ring on the bride’s finger, saying:


With this ring I confirm my love, and  renew my pledge of faithful trust.


(The bride places the ring on the groom’s finger saying:


With this ring I confirm my love, and renew my pledge my faithful trust.


PRAYER OF PEOPLE:


Holy spirit of life, bless these two as they go their way.  Defend them in all assaults of their enemies, that they may hold steadfast to the love between them.


Bless their house, that it may be a sanctuary of peace, a source of radiance going out to others, a refuge from strife and confusion, a place of hospitality and honor all who grace its door.


May the power of life abundant ever and always touch their lives, flowing from one to the other, bringing comfort in any hour of trial, and bringing glory to themselves and to the world as they pursue their journey together.


Even as they have chosen each other from the world’s multitudes, may the days and the years, now veiled by the moment, deepen the wisdom of that choice and enlarge the storehouse of its treasures, that they may abide in joy and peace.



THE ANNOUNCEMENT:


________ and _____, having chosen each other in love and in freedom, having declared their purpose before this gathering, and having made their pledges to one another, I now declare they have reaffirmed themselves as husband and wife.


Let all others honor them and the threshold of their house.  May their moments here begin untold years of unexpected joy.  By kissing they reaffirming their love.


Optional:


CONCLUSION:


We conclude the ceremony with the traditional breaking of the glass. The breaking of the glass, like the commitment you make today, is irrevocable and permanent. As the groom breaks the glass, I invite everyone to shout, "Mazel Tov" which means "Congratulations and Good Luck!


(Minister hands glass wrapped in cloth to groom)


(Grooms break the glass)


Minister says: "Many Pieces, Many Years, and Many Blessings Together...for the happy couple.  Congratulations – you may now kiss the bride.







No comments:

Post a Comment